The Annual, out in December, features classic adventures, from the first six incarnations of The Doctor, read by stars of the show: Peter Purves (who played companion Steven), Anneke Wills (Polly), Geoffrey Beevers (The Master), Matthew Waterhouse (Adric) and Nicola Bryant (Peri).
For two decades, from the mid-1960s to the mid-1980s, every fan of the Doctor hoped to find The Doctor Who Annual in their Christmas stocking. Larger than life and twice as colourful, the stories within were exuberant — and often charmingly naive — in their take on ‘the children’s own programme which adults adore’.
- The Sons of Grekk, in which the First Doctor is held prisoner in a brutal, otherworldly society.
- The King of Golden Death where the Second Doctor, Polly and Ben have materialised inside an Ancient Egyptian pyramid.
- The Dalek Intruders, with The Third Doctor, Jo and the Brigadier confronting a familiar adversary
- Conundrum with the Fourth Doctor, Adric and K9 experiencing warped physics in the corridors of the TARDIS.
- The Penalty, where a delirious Fifth Doctor finds old friends and adversaries ganging up on him
- The Real Hereward, where the Sixth Doctor and Peri plunge into a dangerous period of British history.
The Annual can be pre-ordered from Amazon